A meeting was held at the Elermore Vale Community Centre on the 1st February at 7.00pm
Minutes From Meeting :-
- Reading minutes of last meeting.
- Questions arising.
- Brian will organise with Michael Redpath ( Elermore Vale Pharmacy ) to be presented with a Men’s Shed shirt, if he wants one, a photo will be taken to record the event.
- New members are to be active members for 3 months before a shirt is sold for $15.00 as the shirts cost $33.50 each.
- Following the recent publicity with NBN and The Post we have gained interest from 6 new members, also a couple of phone calls from the public, asking us to clear out sheds of deceased relatives.
- The New Shed and Fence should be finished by the end of February, weather permitting, also the setting out of the new garden and pergola is progressing well. Full power will be connected to the first shed by February 10th.
- The trailer is finished and registered in the Community Centre name, we still need 2 good tyres 175×13 needed.
- Ken is donating a double sink for washing hands etc, also he will do a full inventory of tools etc, when the new shed is finished. Newcastle Conveyers will be asked if they can donate old belts for the floor of the new shed.
- It was suggested The Men’s Shed take part in the Wallsend Fair in August. We can make a few things to sell and hand out flyer’s to gain new members. Errol will seek information on the event.
- Allan printed some demo business type cards and he will get some copied, to hand out to potential members or clients.
- Membership fees are as follows A full year August to August is $10.00. Half a year February to August is $5.00. If someone joins in June you get 14 months for $10.00.
- It was suggested a price for a cold water dispenser be investigated, a type where we refill the bottle on top.
- Please remember last person leaving to lock up everything even if somebody says they might return, Lester is not always around to check up.
The meeting closed at 8.20pm Next meeting March 7th at 7.00pm