Elermore Vale Mens Shed
Minutes for December
Allan Lewis resigned as Vice Chairman and Ken Dollin was elected into the position.
Bill Ray has resigned from the shed and we need someone to take on Secretary,Webmaster and
Fund-raiser. Noel Clarke has offered to learn to do Webmaster we still someone to help with the
Bill has offered to help with the web page and procedures on fund-raising.
The meeting thanks Allan and Bill for their contribution to the shed.
Drew Davidson and John Wattam
1 Minutes of the last meeting was read.
2 Questions arising.
Maryland Childcare Centre is complete.
Woodrising Retirement Village is complete.
Mayfield Retirement Village will be completed in a few days.
Croudace Road sun shade job almost finished, it was also discussed to keep records and photos of
of work undertaken for future reference.
3 Treasures Report.
Gordon gave the monthly report and if any member wishes to see the report ask any committee
4 The Community Centre and The Shed will be closed from December21st and reopen January 7th.
However Gordon and Brian are going to install a dust extractor system over the break, if you
would like to help see one of the above.
5 The Xmas Party has been organised at the Shaft Tavern at 6 30pm on the 10th December Forty
persons are coming members and partners,Gordon will have some cash to buy a Xmas drink.
6 Paul Battle Chairman of the Cluster Group ask if we would like to join the group after a short
discussion we declined the offer as we saw on advantages in being a member.
7 It was discussed whether to have two  accounts one  for working and other a sinking fund.
The Treasure we would like to keep thing the way the are for the time being.
8 A few safety issues has come up, the gate leading to the sheds MUST be closed not locked to
stop non members and children from wandering in.
All members are to be re inducted and recorded, these papers will be kept with the application
A monthly safety audit will take place, if anything is damaged or out of place it MUST be put
right at once or recorded and fixed at the earliest opportunity, the form will kept in filing cabinate.
Also a log book will be kept for the trailer, check lights, indicaters,tyres etc ,book will be in the
filing cabinate. Please clean up after yourself and put all tools away.
9 We have been in talks with Newcastle City Council to hopefully get a shipping container or
permission to construct a cover the area between the two sheds to store timber and other
materials to give us more space in the sheds.
The Newcastle City Council will visit us on Thursday 6th to see that what the shed do, check
saftey,insurances etc also location of shipping container or covering between sheds,also our long
10 After the Xmas break we need to look at a long term plan 5year plus. Ken Dollin will start the
process, he has had experence with this when working in industary, so any ideas let him know,
if you want to stay as we are say so.
The Commettee will meet in the new year to talk and put a few ideas togeather and will meet
at the next monthly meeting to discuss the issue.
11 The meeting closed at 8 30pm
Next meeting is February 6th 2013 at 7 00pm no meeting in January.
MERRY XMAS ALL