Elermore Vale Community Centre have been a great help for our shed. They have provided a place for us to put our sheds, and they take messages for us, Elermore Vale Community Centre do lots of work for community, Neighbour Aid (02) 4951 8083 hold their meetings in the Centre, and run functions for the elderly in the Centre. To see all the activities at Elermore Vale Community Centre go to the link.
Read the rest…
Men’s Sheds – Are they for you, the answer is more than likely yes! Men work all their lives and suddenly they are retired from the workforce. Whether it is by design or by accident, you have suddenly stopped working, you where very use to getting up 5 days a week and going to work. Many men find that they don’t cope very well, with suddenly lots of time on their hand, and sometimes depression can sneak up on them.
This is where Men’s Sheds can help you. They have lots of activities to do and lots of good friends to be made, check out what do we do in our shed and see what we are up to. Men’s Sheds have taken off all over the world, here is one article from the United Kingdom, about Men In Sheds. Another media presentation about men in sheds and mens needs, is shown in this video.
Read the rest…
A meeting was held at the Elermore Vale Community Centre on the 1st February at 7.00pm
Minutes From Meeting :-
- Reading minutes of last meeting.
- Questions arising.
- Brian will organise with Michael Redpath ( Elermore Vale Pharmacy ) to be presented with a Men’s Shed shirt, if he wants one, a photo will be taken to record the event.
We are looking for new members to join our shed, and we are always in need of donations for our community projects. Our current projects are:-
- Making bird feeders
- Making bird nesting boxes
- Making wind chimes
- repairing and re-rejuvenating garden seat benches
- Repairing children’s toys
- Garden chores ( Weeding, planting, mulching etc )
- Ongoing member recruitment ( Call in and see us! )
- Several home projects.