Things We Do In The Shed At Elermore Vale
- Design, plan make and fix things.
- Work on or get help from other members to complete a project.
- Use of the extensive range of tools and equipment from the shed.
- Participate in going out into the community to help people in need ( home repairs, gardens etc ).
- Acquire new skills, or to be a mentor by sharing your interests with others in the group.
- Discuss problems.
- Just come to the shed and share a cuppa and a chat.
- If you are interested in gardening you are well catered for with the Elermore Vale Community Centre’s large garden area.
- Participate in much-needed fundraising.
- Work in a safe and pleasant environment.
- Assist the staff in the Community Centre when required.
- Network with other Men’s Sheds, have them come and visit us, to see what we are up to.
So as you can see there are plenty of things we do in the shed.
What other things we do at the shed?
On the right Shayne Connell (Independent MP) Centre is Lester Mostyn ( Manager of Elermore Vale Community Centre and on the right Allan Lewis ( Vice Chairman ) Elermore Vale Men’s Shed.
You can get involved in our community projects, or just potter around the shed and work in our community garden. We do not allocate jobs to members, you can even just call in and have a cuppa with us. There no set jobs for members, you see something that needs doing and simply just volunteer to get involved. If you are not self motivated, then look for something that somebody else is doing and ask if you can join in. We are supportive towards the men in the shed and those in need in the community, just getting in and being apart of our group is what matters. Not all of our members go out and do community activities, and not all of them do activities just for the shed. Some of them like to do shed activities only and this is okay, but some of us like to go out and do things for those in need, so we serve both functions with our Men’s Shed
Who Can Join
- Membership is for retired men and over 55’s?
- For younger unemployed/temporarily unemployed men
- So long as you are over 18 years of age ( Public Liability Insurance )
Take a look at our woodturning classes information post, you can learn how to do woodturning with us. Take a look at our community projects to see what else we do for the community. We have many things we do in the shed, call in and say hello.